Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to install IE9 in WIndows 7.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 harishr4you

harishr4you

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hi guys,

this issues is actually in my friend's computer. am trying to help him here.

My friends computer is  :

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, x64 bit OS . IE version 10.

Whenever he tries to open the IE, it freezes and then it works fine for some time.. So we thought of downgrading the IE to IE9.

After downgrading it, we found that it directly got downgraded to IE8 instead of version 9.

So here is what we have done till now. Would like to have your suggestion to install IE9.

- Ran the Windows update with 2 failed updates

- Ran the Microsoft Fix it Tool and then ran the Windows updates again. Successfull

- Failed to upgrade the IE8 to version 9

- Ran the Malwarebytes and removed the infections

- Ran TDS Killer . Still the same situation

- Restarted the computer to the SMWN

- Enabled the Windows Installer Service & Windows Modules Installer

- Checked the Comparability & Ran as Administrator. Still the same.

- Checked for the "Windows Internet Explorer 9 Enhanced with Bing & MSN" . Says not a compatible version for the computer even if it is a valid version.

- Ran Hitman Pro. Found 297 traces and removed it successfully.

- Restarted the computer to the Normal back again

- Tried "Manually install the prerequisite components". Still the same. Failed.

Thanx alot for ur help in advance. Please help us in fixing this issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Chris has given you the best suggestion in your last thread, which is to post in the Am I Infected section. This would clear your path or worries of any other underlying problems aside from the browser installation problems. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#3 harishr4you

harishr4you
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Chris has given you the best suggestion in your last thread, which is to post in the Am I Infected section. This would clear your path or worries of any other underlying problems aside from the browser installation problems. :thumbup2:

jhayz , i have already removed the infections from the computer. I would like to know if there is any other solution for this issue.

I would like to know if I can run the Readiness tool to check if it is an issue with the Windows Update .

Please suggest some help guys..

Thank you in advance.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I am not familiar with the effects on removed infections of Hitman Pro that is why there might be some more scanning tools needed to be able to work in a clean environment before running the possible fix on Windows update problems. For what I knew, Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 installer usually comes with IE9 - update is on IE10, so not sure how it got to IE8 version... Initiate a new topic in the A.I.I. as notable malware experts may be able to give you a clean bill of health before proceeding with other concerns.

Tekken

#5 harishr4you

harishr4you
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

I am not familiar with the effects on removed infections of Hitman Pro that is why there might be some more scanning tools needed to be able to work in a clean environment before running the possible fix on Windows update problems. For what I knew, Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 installer usually comes with IE9 - update is on IE10, so not sure how it got to IE8 version... Initiate a new topic in the A.I.I. as notable malware experts may be able to give you a clean bill of health before proceeding with other concerns.

As suggested, I have started this topic there.. Thanks for the advice jhayz .

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

:thumbup2:

Tekken

#7 harishr4you

harishr4you
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

:thumbup2:

But no reply from any one for that... :( please help me to fix it...

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

I will notify the staff and ask for assistance. Please hold on. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#9 harishr4you

harishr4you
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

I will notify the staff and ask for assistance. Please hold on. :thumbup2:

Any update on it?.. Still no assistance from anyone for that? :(

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

See your topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505776/unable-to-install-ie9-in-windows-7/#entry3140878

boopme has replied :thumbup2:

Edited by jhayz, 30 August 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Tekken

#11 LazyPotato

LazyPotato

• Banned
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

It comes with IE 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users