this issues is actually in my friend's computer. am trying to help him here.
My friends computer is :
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, x64 bit OS . IE version 10.
Whenever he tries to open the IE, it freezes and then it works fine for some time.. So we thought of downgrading the IE to IE9.
After downgrading it, we found that it directly got downgraded to IE8 instead of version 9.
So here is what we have done till now. Would like to have your suggestion to install IE9.
- Ran the Windows update with 2 failed updates
- Ran the Microsoft Fix it Tool and then ran the Windows updates again. Successfull
- Failed to upgrade the IE8 to version 9
- Ran the Malwarebytes and removed the infections
- Ran TDS Killer . Still the same situation
- Restarted the computer to the SMWN
- Enabled the Windows Installer Service & Windows Modules Installer
- Checked the Comparability & Ran as Administrator. Still the same.
- Checked for the "Windows Internet Explorer 9 Enhanced with Bing & MSN" . Says not a compatible version for the computer even if it is a valid version.
- Ran Hitman Pro. Found 297 traces and removed it successfully.
- Restarted the computer to the Normal back again
- Tried "Manually install the prerequisite components". Still the same. Failed.
Thanx alot for ur help in advance. Please help us in fixing this issue.