Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:13 AM
Ok since I have not used dial-up in quite some time but this should solve the problem just follow the dots as they used to say
1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet.
2. Click the Connections tab, click your Dial-Up Networking connection, and then click Settings.
3. Under Dial-up Settings, click Properties.
4. Click the Dialing tab.
5. Click the Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed check box to select it.
6. Click OK, click OK, and then click OK again.
If there is a tick mark in the line 5 I would suggest getting an updated modem driver for your modem even though this one seems to be working properly