Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Pro Device Mgr still wanting driver for uninstalled printer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 evagrius

evagrius

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

I recently junked and replaced an HP OfficeJet 6500.  I thought I uninstalled it properly.  It no longer shows in the list of printers and faxes, nor can I find any related folder.  In the list of devices, a yellow triangle with exclamation point in the center of it appears next to the computer.  When I right click to troubleshoot, the missing driver detection portion reports: "The driver for OfficeJet 6500 . . . is not installed."  If I select "Skip", in just keeps bouncing back up until I cancel.

I have read stuff about using a driver CD and running "Uninstall_L1.bat through Uninstall_L4.bat".  I don't know what that stuff is and I'm not sure I even have that CD anymore.  Anyone know of another way to clear this up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Try HP's uninstall tool.

HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer series - E709 - HP Officejet Software and Driver Removal Utility - HP Business Support Center

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

or Driver Sweeper can sometimes help with this sort of issue... maybe even try Revo Uninstaller first. (failing the HP specific removal utility)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

or Driver Sweeper can sometimes help with this sort of issue... maybe even try Revo Uninstaller first. (failing the HP specific removal utility)

The best bet is to use HP's tool since it was their software, and they wrote the uninstall software.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

Exactly what i meant by "(failing the HP specific removal utility)" :thumbsup2:

#6 evagrius

evagrius
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thanks loads DC3 and TsVk!  Your first suggestion got it done.  I love this . . . community? . . . this board? . . . this site!

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Your are most welcome. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users