Brand new installation of Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit) on a Dell Optiplex 755, when I first boot the system, the following gets assigned:
IP Address: 192.168.1.116
DHCP Server: 192.168.1.1
DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
I can ping the server and any other device on the network but there is no Internet access on the system unless I disable the network adapter and re-enable it.
Intel 82566 onboard NIC
- uninstalled device & deleted drivers & rebooted
- re-installed drivers (same issue)
- changed DNS to Google servers (126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52) & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- assigned a static ip of 192.168.1.201 & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- set speed of the NIC to 100 MB duplex & rebooted (same issue) - set to auto again after
- disabled all startup items via msconfig & rebooted (same issue) - enabled all used startup items after
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Edited by w411, 22 August 2013 - 11:08 AM.