Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i cannot remove trojan.zaccess and svochost.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 JRfromNY

JRfromNY

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

i try everything from going to safe mode, using mbam and anti spyware but I just cant seem to remove svochost.exe and Trojan.Zaccess. please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hello, JRfromNY.
My name is etavares and I will be helping you with this log.

Here are some guidelines to ensure we are able to get your machine back under your control.

• Please do not run any unsupervised scans, fixes, etc.  We can work against each other and end up in a worse place.
  • Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so.  Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
  • Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned.  Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
  • Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
  • When in doubt, please stop and ask first.  There's no harm in asking questions!
  •  
    Backdoor Warning
    One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.  If you do decide to proceed, please continue with the fix below.

Step 1

• Download TDSSKiller.exe  and save it to your desktop.  
  • Double-click TDSSKiller.exe to run it.
  • Under "Objects to scan" ensure both "Services and Drivers" and "Boot Sectors" are checked.
  • Click Start scan and allow it to scan for Malicious objects.
  • If malicious objects are found, the default action will be Cure, ensure Cure is selected then click Continue.
  • If suspicious objects are detected, the default action will be Skip, ensure Skip is selected then click Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now and allow the computer to reboot.
  • A log will be created on your root (usually C:) drive. The log is like UtilityName.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.
  • for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.4.1.2_20.04.2010_15.31.43_log.txt
  • If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file should appear.
  • Please post the contents of the logfile in your next reply
  •  

Step 2

Next, please download ComboFix from one of these locations:
    * IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop as etavaresCF.exe

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
  •    
  • Double click on etavaresCF.exe & follow the prompts.
  •    
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  •    
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
  • **Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

RcAuto1.gif
    Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

whatnext.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply, along with any symptoms that are present after it runs.

Note:  After running Combofix, you may receive an error about "illegal operation on a registry key that has been marked for deletion."  If you receive this error, please reboot and it should disappear.

etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
    Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
    Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
    • 15,514 posts
    •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Still need help?

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image

#4 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
    • 15,514 posts
    •  

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users