Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Picture help !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 vaness77

vaness77

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

So I had thousands of pics on my computer that I can no longer see when I try to open the folders it says it is unsupported or corrupt I thought I did a back up of them but nothing they are of my two older kids from 2010-2012 and now I dont have them. Is there anyway of getting them back? I dont know where else to post this :( Please help ?!?

Vanessa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phybeя

phybeя

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

You could try to use a file recovery program such as Recuva. 

#3 vaness77

vaness77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

not sure that worked :(..any other ideas? It says "Photo Gallery can't open this photo or video. The file may be unsupported, damaged or corrupt." I dont know what else to do ?

#4 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

First, you might try this.

Reboot in "safe mode" and turn off your anti virus, then see if you can open the files.

Next, do not assume that the files are corrupt, the problem may be with Windows.

As soon as possible, you should copy the files to some external storage media for future use.

Next, you could try running CHKDISK on the HDD partition where the pictures are stored, (check the box to "repair damaged sectors")

Also, I have no idea if it would work, but there is a file repair utility at this link.

http://www.filerepair1.com/

#5 vaness77

vaness77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

So I have yet to retrieve my pictures I have tried dfferent products, all the pictures I cant see started in Dec 2012 back everything that I have put on since 2013 is there any other suggestions please me.

how or where do I run CHKDISK ?

#6 vaness77

vaness77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

Also all my documents and messed up like in crazy writing which were resumes not look like symbols and numbers and jibberish? Could this have been a virus that I didnt act on and now everything is just gone? am I in the wrong place? :/ super depressed about the pics

#7 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

vaness77

You should probably post about this situation in the "Am I infected" forum.

#8 vaness77

vaness77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

I just did lol thanks !

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

To avoid confusion and potentially conflicting information I am closing this topic.

Please continue here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505373/cant-turn-on-windows-firewall-is-it-a-virus/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users