Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lnksr . com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ssgt.usaf

ssgt.usaf

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

This is a new pc.  I just finished building it, so having trend-micro suddenly show "blocked" popups is astonishing.  It's disconcerting.  The popup reads that Trend Micro has blocked it as dangerous.  The URL has linksr after the www.  (Don't want to put it in order for safety reasons.)

There are also popups that are not being blocked that are strange.  (Last one was something to do with Jackie Chan and cooking.)  I do not open unsolicited email.  I do not open email from people I know unless it has a subject that is expected.  I did download two programs from CNET and one from Tucows.  (The CNET one made me very nervous as it used an "installer" and then kept trying to install things other than the program I wanted, like toolbars and other things.  Tucows wasn't much better.)

It is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Trend Micro for anti-virus

Malware?  Thought Trend Micro was doing that

Hard drive is refurbished from newegg.com

Any suggestions?  This is worrying me. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Free programs today, especially from download sources other than developer's, do come with adware.

Use the three programs below to remove the adware and third party/ ad/ tracking cookies.

Allow them to remove whatever they find.  Post the logs from those scans back here.

AdwCleaner Download

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!

Free ESET Online Antivirus Scanner

Use Ccleaner to clean up the Temporary files, logs, etc. No need to use the Registry Cleaner option. The 

default settings will be sufficient. Be sure to watch while installing and UNcheck the option to install Yahoo Toolbar

or other unwanted programs. CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

If those programs don't solve the adware problem, include the browsers you use in your next reply.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users