Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

****ing Laptop!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xirtamehtsitahw

xirtamehtsitahw

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

I had to downgrade my laptop to Windows XP (Windows 7 crashed :angry:), and, I am having an infinite amount of trouble trying to find a working audio driver.  FYI, my laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ50-103NR.  Yes, it was initially built with Vista on it, and was later upgraded to 7 (before I bought it used), then 7 crashed, so I had to reboot via CD-ROM to XP.  My laptop has literally been giving me fits, seeming to find it funny to throw a loud, rude "BEEP!" every time I do something even slightly "wrong".

Does anyone know of a place where I can find an actual WORKING generic audio driver for my laptop (so I don't have to keep hearing that irritating "BEEP!" over and over again)?

PLEASE respond ASAP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

32 or 64 bit? I found lots of places, now whether they are safe/valid/working is another question.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Check your Microsoft updates to see if a generic Windows driver is listed for your sound device.

It should be under Optional Updates. If you see it, install it.

#4 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Drivers:

windows 7 32bit & 64bit  / Windows Vista  and Windows vista 64bit   (no drivers for Windows XP)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3755785

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

I had to downgrade my laptop to Windows XP (Windows 7 crashed :angry:), and, I am having an infinite amount of trouble trying to find a working audio driver.  FYI, my laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ50-103NR.  Yes, it was initially built with Vista on it, and was later upgraded to 7 (before I bought it used), then 7 crashed, so I had to reboot via CD-ROM to XP.  My laptop has literally been giving me fits, seeming to find it funny to throw a loud, rude "BEEP!" every time I do something even slightly "wrong".

Why did you install XP instead of Vista, which was the original operating system?

Because you downgraded you may not be able to find drivers compatible with XP.

If it was because you did not have a Vista disk, did you look to see if the recovery partition is still on the laptop? Manufacturers now put recovery on a separate partition instead of including disks. Using the partition will reinstall or repair the operating system. Drivers will be included in the install.

If you are unsure if there is a recovery partition you *might* see it listed in My Computer. If it isn't there you can find out by following the instructions here

http://www.ehow.com/how_8463155_restore-compaq-presario-cq50-disk.html

You will need to start pressing F11 as soon as the computer starts. If it doesn't take you to recovery, try again.

#6 anujftl

anujftl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp39501-40000/sp39539.exe

hope it works...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users