Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC will not power on

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ranger_cole

ranger_cole

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

I have two home built pcs that both will not power on.  They both have worked for a least 3 years until now.  Both exhibit the same symptoms---both will not turn back on.  I swapped out the power supplies and they both will turn on for one second and then immediately cut off.  I have a biostar motherboard in one and I do not remember the other MB.  I tried a 2 different power supplies in these PCs.  Could it be both boards are bad?

Moderator Edit: Moved from System Building and upgrading to a more appropriate forum.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 21 August 2013 - 08:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranger_cole

ranger_cole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

Thank you.

Edited by ranger_cole, 21 August 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#3 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

If you have switched the power supplies and the computer will not load it sounds like a issue with the mother board.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

...or an issue with PSUs he is trying to use.

To properly pinpoint...you need a known good working system...or a known good working PSU.  I see no mention of either in this topic.

Louis

#5 bory504

bory504

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Reseat the RAM. If it does the same thing, take out all the RAM completely and see what happens. If it stays on and makes a series of beeps, possible RAM issue. If still just powers on for a second and turns off, make sure you are positively using a good PSU. If you are certain you are using a good PSU, it may be a bad board. Also, check and see if there are any blown capacitors on the motherboard. Do a google search on what blown caps look like; they are usualy bad if they are buldged out and or leaking liquid.

Sincerely, Blake.

7 year Computer Hardware + Software Technician.

Operations Technician at a retail company.

Rhythm guitarist for the band Headspill.

:guitar: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users