Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Easy Transfer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bookins

bookins

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

This may be a dumb thing to do but I was desperate. I had the common problem of not being able to use Windows 8 on one laptop to burn a cd from iTunes - error 4310 which a lot of people seem to have. An acquaintance said he could easily solve this by installing Windows 7 on an older laptop I had. To cut a long story short, he didn't know what to do but charged a fair bit for the privilege! I have a big book on Windows 8 by David Pogue which mentioned moving files etc from one laptop to another via Windows Easy Transfer so I thought 'what the h**l' I'll give it ago. Downloaded all the stuff from the Windows 8 laptop but when I connect the external hard drive with the files to the Windows 7 one, find the Easy transfer and try to open it there is a message to say Windows Easy Transfer can't open the file. Any solutions or advice - even if it is to say I was an idiot to try??!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hi

Windows 8 is newer than Windows 7 and the file format used by the Win8 version of Easy transfer might not supported by Win 7.  I guess you have to transfer all the data manually.

Why did you specifically want iTunes to burn a disc ?. Could you use another Windows 8 compatible app for that ?.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 21 August 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#3 bookins

bookins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

I wondered if it would not work from Windows 8 down to Windows 7. The problem I have is that whenever I try to burn a disc from Windows 8 iTunes for use in the car I get 'error 4310'. The chap who put Windows 7 onto the older laptop doesn't seem to have done it correctly as I can't download onto iTunes let alone burn a disc!

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hi

Please try the free version of Ashampoo Burning studio which supports writing audio discs.

https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/0710/Burning_Software/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-6-FREE

Also you can try updating iTunes to the latest version. Please uninstall the old version from Control Panel --> Programs and install the latest version from the below link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1615

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 21 August 2013 - 09:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users