Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lawballer

Lawballer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:02 PM

Hello,
I am a new member of this forum. Looks very proffesional. Here is my question.
I was a member of an online poker site that blocked my ip address from using there program. Now I am greedy and want to continue using this site. I have a DSL internet connection and have been told by a few people that there are ways to mask my ip address or make it invisible or even change my ip address. I was wondering if any of you knew anything about this and could perhaps direct me on how to do it. So that I would be able to get back onto that site. I would be very greatful if any of you could share your expertise.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:17 PM

The only thing that is going to get you back to that site is for you to work out with them to repair the reason you got blocked. Sites only block access for certain reasons and I do not know what the reason was but apparently a rule or rules were broken or it might have been a mistake on their behalf. I suggest you to contact the site administrators who ever they are and discuss with them for re admittance.

It is their site and you are subject to their rules and nobody here can gain you admittance

#3 Lawballer

Lawballer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

Yeah...
What happened was my friends and I all played her cuz I have wireless. So to pokerstars it looked like I had multiple accounts. which is a rule violation. And they blocked my IP address because of it. And I have sent them 20 emails saying this but I never get a response.

I am not worried about pokerstars policies.

Edited by Lawballer, 22 April 2006 - 09:35 PM.

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

Ok but you still broke a rule or two. It is up to them to reinstate you and there is nothing that can be done about this problem here at this forum. We are here to handle problems with how your computer runs or does not run. Any problem with different IP's is your problem and it is just something we can not handle for you. You said you have sent them emails and they still block your IP. I have no way of telling you how to fix this, and if I could I still can not thru this Forum. I believe this would be slightly illegal.

Have a good day

#5 Lawballer

Lawballer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:00 PM

Pokerstars.com is not the law. And there would be nothing at all illegal. It could perhaps be against there rules. But that doesn't really matter.

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 10:12 PM

Well I disagree. It does matter.
And thier rules are their law.
Rules are rules. Rules are there for a reason, in order to maintain control.

No one here will help you here to circumvent any rules anywhere.

End of discussion. This topic will now be closed.

Scarlett
Forum Mod

Edited by Scarlett, 22 April 2006 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users