Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SecureAPlus Freemium - Application whitelisting + Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#16 sinlam

sinlam

Authorized SecureAPlus Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hi guys, here's an important announcement to all Windows 8 users. Before upgrading to Windows 8.1, please uninstall SecureAPlus first. Reinstall SecureAPlus only after the Windows OS has been updated.

If you need further clarification, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
sinlam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

I have a brand new HDD with a fresh install of Windows 7. I installed this program, as soon as I clicked on whitelisting button it forze me up instantly. I had to do a cold reboot, this time about 30 seconds into the whitelisting proces I got a BSOD that said windows had to be shut down to prevent damage. Any idea why this happened? It lookedlike a  worthwhile program to have. Also, how does this differ from a hostfile?

I thought I had posted this in the SecureAPlus thread, it i smeant for that program.

Edited by KingdomSeeker, 30 November 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#18 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

I have a brand new HDD with a fresh install of Windows 7. I installed this program, as soon as I clicked on whitelisting button it forze me up instantly. I had to do a cold reboot, this time about 30 seconds into the whitelisting proces I got a BSOD that said windows had to be shut down to prevent damage. Any idea why this happened? It lookedlike a  worthwhile program to have. Also, how does this differ from a hostfile?

I thought I had posted this in the SecureAPlus thread, it i smeant for that program.

Hi KingdomSeeker, the BSOD may be caused by the Windows update process. This happens when the 'trustedinstaller.exe', which is used by Windows Update to install windows files, is not set as trusted installer. If it is not set as a trusted installer, all the files that are created by the installer will not be trusted and all the critical Windows files are blocked. This will result in BSOD. When this happens, Windows will request user to reboot in order to revert the files back to the previous version (just like what you have experienced - 'windows had to shut down to prevent damage.')

But this problem will be fixed in our next version release. You may want to try SecureAPlus again when this new release is out in one to two weeks' time.

Regarding your frozen experience with the whitelisting button, we will look into it.

Hope this has answered your query :)

Edited by sinlam, 02 December 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#19 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

It was during whitelisting process Windows shut down to prevent damage. The first time it froze me up when I clicked the whitelist button. Imediately I got the (not responding) message and I had to cold reboot.

#20 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

It was during whitelisting process Windows shut down to prevent damage. The first time it froze me up when I clicked the whitelist button. Imediately I got the (not responding) message and I had to cold reboot.

Is it possible to email the following information to secureaplus@secureage.com?

1. Log files - Please zip the log files located at C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log.

2. Memory dump file - Please zip "Memory.dmp" found in c:\Windows\ 

Hopefully you still have the above files as they will help us to diagnose your problem.

#21 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hi Guys,

Watch this video on how SecureAPlus provides a better protection against new strain of ransomware. 

http://youtu.be/Q-B4bsnvihw

Cheers,

sinlam

Edited by sinlam, 12 December 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#22 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

Hi guys,

The data center that host SecureAPlus web server is closed for maintenance. Everything will be back to normal after 24 hours. You can then download SecureAPlus after that. SecureAge main website is not affected because it is hosted in another data center. 

Sorry for any inconveniences caused. I should have informed you guys earlier. My sincere apology for my oversight. 

- sinlam

#23 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hi guys,

SecureAPlus web server is back to normal. You can download SecureAPlus now. If you encounter any download problem, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

sinlam

#24 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

Hi guys

The latest release of SecureAPlus Version 2.0.21 is now available.

Here are the changes in this version:

1. The software update issue for SecureAPlus with No Antivirus version has been resolved.
2. Some of SecureAPlus' GUI problems for Windows 8.1 has been fixed.
3. Optimizing SecureAPlus for VMWare.
4. Comodo Dragon Browser (dragon.exe) is added to the list of restricted applications.
5. Besides whitelist database, other settings like "Trusted Certificates" and "Trusted accounts" are also saved in the exported whitelist.
6. More speed options are added to the whitelisting process: Slow, Normal and Fast.
7. SecureAPlus Installation Guide and User Guide are updated.

You can view the latest changelog or download SecureAPlus at https://secureaplus.secureage.com/Main/release.php

Please feel free to give me any feedback.

Cheers,
sinlam

Edited by sinlam, 17 December 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#25 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Hi Guys,

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

xmas_2013.jpg

Cheers,
sinlam

#26 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,600 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#27 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hi Guys,

We have started the first SecureAPlus Beta Program today - SecureAPlus Beta Preview. In this preview, we will share with beta testers on the new product ideas of SecureAPlus. There will be no testing of SecureAPlus software, only pure ideas and discussion. If you are interested to contribute fantastic ideas on how to make SecureAPlus a better security software, join us now at http://beta.secureaplus.com. 

After this, we will conduct two more beta programs:
1. SecureAPlus Beta 1 around January next year. This is for the testing of SecureAPlus alpha version. 
2. SecureAPlus Beta 2 around Feb/March next year. This is for the testing of SecureAPlus beta version before its official launch in the market.

During the beta programs, we will hold exciting beta challenges for beta testers to participate. They will earn some bonus points based on the beta challenges' requirements. You can also earn some bonus points if you participate actively in beta forum and online survey. Two beta testers who have earned the highest bonus points at the end of SecureAPlus Beta 2 will stand a chance to win either an iPad Air or iPad Mini.

As usual, we will give one perpetual user license for free if you participate in either SecureAPlus Beta 1 or SecureAPlus Beta 2.

Hope to see you guys at the SecureAPlus Beta Preview.

Cheers,
sinlam

#28 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hi guys,

We have released the latest SecureAPlus Version 2.0.22.

In this release, we have fixed the service installation crash in some foreign languages other than English. Those users who are facing this problem may wish to give SecureAPlus another try. 

There are also other minor changes:
- Obfuscate quarantined file to prevent it from being detected as virus by any antivirus.
- Suppress antivirus installation warning in Windows XP.
- Register as antivirus at the "Action Center" (or "Security Center" in Windows XP).

You can view the latest release note on the changes at https://secureaplus.secureage.com/Main/release.php

If you have any feedback or comment, please feel free to post it here.

Cheers,
sinlam

#29 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hi guys,

All of you are cordially invited to join us as a beta tester and take part in the Beta Challenge #2, "The Detection Rate of ClamAV for document virus". All are welcome to join in the fun!

Cheers,
sinlam

beta_challenge_2.jpg

#30 sinlam

sinlam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hi guys,

I may be extremely slow in responding to your comment or query between 30 Jan to 3 Feb due to our public holidays. But I will be actively responding again from 4 Feb onwards.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers,
sinlam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users