Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson stylus photo R340 won't print???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jwmghf

jwmghf

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hey guys:

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit.  I have the printer above connected and it has the drivers that Windows 7 says is the best drivers for this device.  It won't even print a test page?

On the printer itself, there's a mode button to let you choose between printing from a memory card or a Print from CD/DVD.  It's set on memory card.  I don't think it belongs on either one of these 2 options.  I have tried clearing the settings(on the front right of the printer).  Nothing.  I tried setting the settings back to factory defaults and still nothing.  Is there a way to reset the printer??  I tried unplugging it for about a minute, but that didn't help either.  I must be missing something???  Maybe you can clue me in!

Thanks

Edited by jwmghf, 20 August 2013 - 03:52 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Moved to External Hardware.

#3 jwmghf

jwmghf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the move hamluis!!!

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

When you installed the print driver, was the printer already connected to the computer? If so, that might be the problem. Many printers are picky about when you plug in the USB connection during the driver installation process.

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi

As smax013 pointed out if the printer was already hooked up and then the software was loaded, Problems can happen

From the Setup instructions here http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/r340__/r340__bb.pdf on page 5

Install Software
Your software works with Windows
®
98SE, Me, 2000, XP, and Macintosh
®
OS X 10.2.4 and later.

Windows
Make sure the printer is
NOT CONNECTED
to your computer.

It is also stated not to hook up the printer until prompted to do so.

Hope this helps

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#6 jwmghf

jwmghf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.  I'll fiddle with the printer when I get home and post back.

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

As the other posters have said - priinters are fussy about the install sequence. Having been caught out myself, installing printers is one of the few - very few - areas where I look at the manual before I do something !  The cure should be fairly easy.

Uninstall your printer drivers ( Start / Control panel / Programs and features ), disconnect the printer and start again with the installation process. This tiime as Rotor123 says, don't actually connect the printer until the install sequence says so.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 jwmghf

jwmghf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thanks everybody!!!  I did as rotor123 posted and it worked.  I appreciate you all taking the time to help me out!!!  Have a gr8 weekend!!!

#9 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'm glad everything worked out and thank you for reporting back with the results.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users