Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues Internet Connections

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shhhjustfornow

Shhhjustfornow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

Recently, within the past two or three days, I haven't been able to access websites when I was using IE or Firefox. When I was using Aol it was fine. I have wireless network connection to a cable modem. Each time I try to go to a website using IE I get the following message:

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

I've tried all that it suggests and still no luck. I'm not even able to access any sites through IE or Mozilla when I'm logged on to AOL, something I've been always able to do.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Samantha

//Mod edit: Email addy removed to protect from spam bots.

Edited by KoanYorel, 22 April 2006 - 08:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:43 PM

You say you have been using AOL? Which version? AOL changes so much in your system to its own use it is pathetic, it changes Internet Explorer drastically, other things to say the least.

First thing I would do is remove AOL from your system and that will not put things back the way they were before you installed it but it will help keep the changes you make after its removal from being reverted back again.

After you completely remove AOL you have to reboot your system.

Oh one other thing before going any further we need to know some system stats like Processor, speed, Ram, make and Model of computer and anything else that can be added. This is so we know a little bit about what we can do or what we can do.

cya l8r have a good day

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:12 AM

If you had no problems four days ago the easiest and probably best thing to do would be to use Windows System Restore to reset your system state to four or more days ago.

click on start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore.

The System Restore wizard will open giving you a choice of system restore dates. Pick one that predates the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users