Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 Stop Error Code 0x0000005A

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ilexx

ilexx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

I am having a BSOD problem. I am seeing STOP code 0x0000005A which is a critical_service_failed code. 

I can't system restore, recovery image or start up repair. I am slightly freaking out because of course I don't want to lose all my files. 

I did windows memory diagnostic and that turned out fine. Right now I have just downloaded Seatools Hard drive test that I saw posted on pcsupport and I am going to attempt to run it from cmd prompted if possible and just make sure my hard drive is still intact.

Now I can remember what I did yesterday and any changes I made if necessary. 

Yesterday I tried to resolve a problem that I had been having for a few weeks where my computer wouldnt restart or shutdown properly, it would hang up on the logging off screen, shut down screen or wait while we configure windows screen. I did a clean boot and only loaded up windows key services. I downloaded rkill and emsisoft free emergency kit and ran rkill then the emsisoft. Emsisoft found 6 files that were affected, one of them a registry file. I am not sure if this is the problem but I quarantined those 6 files including the registry file and then I set back some of the Toshiba services and other services that were turned off and then I restarted my computer. When I did that, I got a blue screen of death and my computer wont boot up at all.

Could I get some help please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users