Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iphone won't show up under devices

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 P3nnyw1se

P3nnyw1se

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hey I have a problem, I took one Iphone and plugged it into a computer, opened the Iphone under devices and copied the entire DCIM folder
to my harddrive.. now I wanted to move a lot of them to another Iphone

So I connected the other Iphone to the same computer, but even though they both showup in Itunes, this second Iphone(running the same IOS)
Does not show up under devices.. thinking that maybe its because its like 1 Iphone per. 1 computer.

I took the iphone and plugged it into a computer that has never been used for this purpose.. but it still doesn't show up under devices

how come 1 Iphone 4 wants to .. and the other doesn't?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hey I have a problem, I took one Iphone and plugged it into a computer, opened the Iphone under devices and copied the entire DCIM folder
to my harddrive.. now I wanted to move a lot of them to another Iphone

So I connected the other Iphone to the same computer, but even though they both showup in Itunes, this second Iphone(running the same IOS)
Does not show up under devices.. thinking that maybe its because its like 1 Iphone per. 1 computer.

I took the iphone and plugged it into a computer that has never been used for this purpose.. but it still doesn't show up under devices

how come 1 Iphone 4 wants to .. and the other doesn't?

What OS are you using on the computer? Windows or Mac?

And when you say it does not show up under "devices", what application are you using or where is the "devices" that you are talking about? I assume that you are NOT talking about the "devices" section in iTunes as you said the iPhone showed up in iTunes.

#3 P3nnyw1se

P3nnyw1se
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

I'm using windows 7..
and when I say popup under devices I'm not talking about an application. 'Computer' with my harddrives and disc drives, I'm used to the Iphones being presented there so you can go into the DCIM folder and copy/delete pictures

which is exactly how my other iphone reacts.. but this one doesn't.

Edited by P3nnyw1se, 21 August 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#4 P3nnyw1se

P3nnyw1se
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

I found a solution online, first of all.. Wow I gotta say, so many people interested in commenting on Iphone issues who have NO! idea what they are talking about

but after browsing through 500 of advices that stretched from 'reinstall windows' to 'do a full system restore'

I found a guy who wrote 'if its a new iphone and it hasn't taken a photo yet, it won't show up... take just 1 photo with it and it works' ...

and he was right.. now it shows up under 'My Computer'

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

Glad you found a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users