Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista home 32 bit service pack update stuck on startup repair

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 artoodles

artoodles

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have a Dell XPS M1530 with VIsta home 32 bit.  I did a Windows update and now I cannot boot. I get stuck in the Windows Error Recovery screen and I am unable to run start up repair or start windows normally.  My optical drive was broken but I replaced it to see if i could just reinstall windows and be done with it but that doesnt work either. I also have a power supply that gives me an error every time I boot. I am not sure where to start. My problems seem to keep getting worse.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RaviAtDell

RaviAtDell

Authorized Dell Rep

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

Hi artoodles,

I’d suggest you to run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.
  • Turn on or restart the computer.
  • Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the <F12> key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
  • At the One Time Boot menu, press the <Down> arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press <Enter> to begin the PSA.
  • Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.
Also, I would suggest you to boot the system into ‘Advanced options’ (F8 during startup) screen and try booting up the system from ‘Last Known good configuration’.

If you have not altered the hard drive partitions on the system then you can restore the system to factory state by following the link below.

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/555/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=biz&docid=DSN_336966#Issue3

Note: Restoring the original factory image erases ALL existing data. This includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos. Before performing a PC Restore, back up all personal files by contacting a local technician. If you do not back up your personal files, the data will be lost.

Edited by RaviAtDell, 28 August 2013 - 03:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users