Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apple ID Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hello I'm having this strange issue with my apple ID and downloading apps. lets say my apple id is user@aol.com thats how it comes up when i go to settings and apple id of my phone but when i go to the app store and try to download it just comes up as user with out the domain name. has anyone come across this issue before?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hello I'm having this strange issue with my apple ID and downloading apps. lets say my apple id is user@aol.com thats how it comes up when i go to settings and apple id of my phone but when i go to the app store and try to download it just comes up as user with out the domain name. has anyone come across this issue before?

When you go to the iTunes & App Store settings in the Settings app, have you tried logging out of the account and logging back in?

#3 DreadTech

DreadTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Tried that a few times and it does the same thing.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Tried that a few times and it does the same thing.

I cannot find any good answers anywhere. I could not find someone who had posted the same issue as you (i.e. no domain after the email), but plenty of people who are asked for the wrong Apple ID information. In their case, it seemed to potentially be tied to having apps installed on the iOS device from multiple iTunes accounts. That does not seem to be the case in your situation.

At this point, my only two thoughts are 1) reset the device and re-sync with iTunes or iCloud and see if that helps or 2) setup an appointment at an Apple Store (assuming there is one near you).

#5 driver33b

driver33b

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

Back in 2010 Apple ids were registered as just a user name...about 18mths later they changed user names to include an email address.....luckily I had already registered *****_ipad @hotmail.com,  so 'kept' my original user name...at the time of purchase, iPads-Tablets-eBook-Readers were not available in Australia...so I registered a US user name at apple.com....and bought my iPad on 1st release in the US....I logged into that account today without the email address addition...

I'd suggest clearing cookies etc., and clearing iPads' mind ...and retry.....or make it make a decision by trying to log into apple.com.au and see if it redirects you back to the US site. (Edit "time of purchase")y

Edited by driver33b, 21 April 2014 - 03:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users