Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User can't scan to file over the network

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DeepFriedMice

DeepFriedMice

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

Hopefully someone may be able to give me some direction, since this has got me pulling my hair out.  

I do IT for a small office environment, and all the users utilize a Ricoh MFP to scan and push the scanned file to a share folder on that user's computer over the network.  One of the users had an unexpected shutdown, and since then she has not been able to use this feature.  From what I could tell, the scanner is not able to communicate with the share folder and the scan jobs for her get stuck in the scanner's queue.  All other users have no issue with scanning to their own share folder on their computer - just her.  

I have verified that the folder has the proper permissions set up; I've tried creating another share folder somewhere on her machine; I've tried disabling the firewall and the antivirus; I've tried giving the scanner different log-on credentials (since it appears the scanner has to have actual user credentials to access the computer).  Nothing that I have tried has gotten me any closer to an answer.  I know that it has to do with her computer being locked down in some regard - she is the only user affected and there is another Ricoh MFP that we tested and it behaves the same way.

Does anybody have any more ideas?  I'm running out of things to try!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

Have you tried creating a different user account on her computer and seeing scanner will work with that user account?

That is the only "brilliant idea" (as a phrase goes) that I have.

Beyond that, there is the less "brilliant" options of wiping the computer and re-installing Windows and everything...or the standard suggestion to contact Ricoh support.

#3 DeepFriedMice

DeepFriedMice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, I did do that.  No dice, unfortunately.  I'm kind of trying to avoid those options for now... Both sound about as fun as dental work.

#4 DeepFriedMice

DeepFriedMice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

So now I've come to find out that other users are beginning to be affected by it as well.  Same issues - the connection between the scanner and the computer is broken.

#5 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Have you checked to make sure that the firewall either on your network or direct pcs are not blocking the port? I believe it uses tcp 445. Also make sure the netbios over tcp/ip is turned on, on the pcs. If using netbios check UDP ports 137, 138 & TCP ports 137, 139

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

I know it's a bit basic. But system restore might help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users