Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do the laptops has an internal antenna

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

My question arises  from I want to know if the laptops has an internal antenna for the wireless internet since when I have the laptop close to the modem it receive the signal normally but I am away 3 feet no connection is displayed, I checked with other modem in other place and happens the same. If the laptop has a bad antenna it could be the reason the wireless is not working properly?

Hope you comments and thanks in advance

mloo55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Most laptops that I have seen have two wireless antennas for WiFi, another, 3rd, for Bluetooth if equipped with Bluetooth.

The wires run up thru the hinges and along the screen and terminate at the top corners of the screen at the antennas.

What could have happened is they plug onto the wireless card, One or both may have fallen off. There is usually one marked primary and one marked secondary.  The other rare option is for the wire to the antennas to be damaged. That usually only happens if the hinge is damaged too.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

Roger

Thanks for your reply really I did not know so I will check