Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cassette2usb crashes computer, win7 loads to black screen with cursor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimpk

jimpk

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

I installed cassette2usb coverter on my other computer (cassette2usb wizard software), connected the device, ok, ran the wizard to check it out, closed it and then got an avg warning of id theft  by the cassette2usb.exe file, chose to allow it (mmmm) the computer froze had to hard crash.  The computer starts, and I get the usual options of safe mode and windows logo apppears and loading begins but stays on black screen with just the cursor, for all options of safe mode.....what to do????????????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Comptech72

Comptech72

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

How did you hear about this product.. is it Windows 7 safe? Who designed this program? What is the actuall model number

#3 jimpk

jimpk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm not sure where I heard of it first, Its supposed to be win 7 safe, others have successfuly used it, it was designed by the people at ClearClick, its the cassette2usb capture device model number BR602

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

Disconnect the device...see if the system boots and runs properly.

Reviews that I glanced at...don't think very highly of the software/device.

Louis.

#5 jimpk

jimpk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

With the help of help desk hub....avg to microsoft (or were they giving me a line?) a laborious effort brought back the computer from a virus that had shut down most microsoft services.I have logmein services on both computers but now even though the once infected compiuter is on line , logmein on my other computer sees it as offline and I can't access it.  I'll have to seek help from logmein now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users