Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CarlMcGee

CarlMcGee

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

I recently got infested by a nasty "Top Arcade Hits" virus.  (see link for long history of that fight)  I think I got rid of most of it thanks to Gringo's help.  However, here of late I've been getting frequent BSOD's.  It usually happens during web surfing.  The computer reboots before I can see what the error message says.  Is this fixable?  Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503835/top-arcade-hits-virus-infection/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hi

In his last post, Gringo asked you to give him feedback about how the system works. You didn't seems to inform him about the BSOD issue. Please update your thread and let the malware helper sort out whether there are remnants of infections in your system. Once the system is declared as clean, we can sort out any OS related problems.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 19 August 2013 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users