I started having a problem yesterday on all of my computers (desktop and two laptops). Some websites, such as Google, Yahoo, and Facebook, will load but almost everything else will not load. I'll get the "Problem loading page" message in any browser (Firefox, IE, Chrome).
Luckily, I am able to access a few computer help forums like this one and found people with similar problems. As had been recommended in those threads I tried downloading various programs for removing adware/spyware/viruses and cleaning the registry. I tried Adwcleaner, MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware, CCleaner, and my AVG antivirus. A few threats showed up on each, but none of them appeared to be serious threats, and removing them did nothing to solve the problem.
If this is relevant, all of my computers run some form of windows (Vista, 7, and 8). I just had my modem replaced a few months ago, and I don't know how that would stop only certain websites from functioning.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.72
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x86 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 9
Internet Explorer 8
Windows Firewall Enabled!
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013
Antivirus up to date!
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 220.127.116.110
Java 7 Update 11
Java version out of Date!
Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.94
Adobe Reader 10.1.7 Adobe Reader out of Date!
Mozilla Firefox (23.0.1)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0 %
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````
Farbar Service Scan:
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 18-08-2013
Ran by Dell (administrator) on 18-08-2013 at 23:13:37
Running from "C:\Users\Dell\Downloads"
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium Service Pack 2 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal
Localhost is accessible.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.
Firewall Disabled Policy:
System Restore Disabled Policy:
Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of WinDefend service is OK.
The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK.
The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK.
Windows Defender Disabled Policy:
C:\Windows\system32\nsisvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\nsiproxy.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\dhcpcsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\tdx.sys => MD5 is legit
[2013-08-14 08:55] - [2013-07-05 00:53] - 0905664 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) D18D53974FD715D50FC76F9FFE1C830D
C:\Windows\system32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\mpssvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\bfe.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\mpsdrv.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\SDRSVC.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\wuaueng.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
[2013-08-14 08:54] - [2013-07-08 00:16] - 0133120 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 684C130BBC6DB681BAD4920A4C944AA5
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\ipnathlp.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\iphlpsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\system32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit
**** End of log ****
Edited by blorb, 18 August 2013 - 10:15 PM.