Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default Settings for 'Choose File To Upload', Displays 'Details' vs 'Thumbnails'

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Iceman107

Iceman107

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Windows XP & IE 8 .

Whenever I add an attachment to my emails, and even here on your website when I uploaded the attached pics, the 'Choose to Upload' pop-up window containing (in this case) my pics ALWAYS (but never used to) opens in the Details mode instead of Thumbnails where I can actually view the pics to be attached prior to attaching them.
I would like the default setting for this occurrence to obviously be in the Thumbnails mode.

In a related issue I would also like to be able to load more than one pic at a time when attaching pics to emails, etc...
Is there such a setting?

Thanks for the assistance.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

The default is list, not details and no you can't change it that I know of and I'm pretty sure if not absolutely. I wish there was. One of those silly Windows things.

As to your second question, some websites employ technology that allows multiple uploads. The flash uploader here for instance. It's not something in XP that one can change.

#3 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

Iceman, try setting the My Pictures folder View to Thumbnail.  That should set Thumbnail as the default for all folders within the My Pictures folder.

In the event you continue getting the upload version shown in your screenshot, have you tried clicking on the View option?

Hope this helps. 

Rosie

Attached Files

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#4 Iceman107

Iceman107
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Here's the latest (and yes I had already set the Thumbnail View in My Pictures):

I use 2 email programs, Yahoo Mail and MyWay.com. In MyWay.com, the pics load as they should, showing the Thumbnail view.

Not so when using Yahoo Mail. Therefore I must surmize that it's a Yahoo issue? Now, how to resolve it. Incidentally I use IE 8 for both applications. Thanks.

#5 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

I just checked MyWay.com and it uses the standard Windows dialog to upload attachments so I don't think what you are saying is possible.

BTW, they're not programs. They're websites or web email services. IE8 is the program used to access them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users