Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi slow to autoconnect after sleep

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stellgod

stellgod

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Make and model of computer - Acer aspire V3 771G

How the computer is connected (wireless or wired) - wireless

Make and model of Router - DLINK DIR-645

Approximate Distance From the router the PC is if its a wireless connection - 5 ft

What type of internet you have (Dsl, Cable, T-1,etc..) - Cable

So, here's the strangest, and most difficult problem I've ever had to solve. It's an annoying problem, and a small one at that, but maybe you can help.

I have an acer v3-771g with a Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter and a Dlink DIR-645. 

My problem is that after I put the computer to sleep by either closing the lid or hitting FN+F4, and I log back in. My wifi takes up to a minute to reconnect. I can immediately open up my wifi networks and connect to my network. It's slower than usual when I connect.

Now, here's what I've tried. 
Removed the check box on Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
Reinstalled the drivers.
Removed and readded my network and selected "Connect to this network automatically"

And here's the strangest thing of all:
I went to device manager - Network Adapters and uninstalled my wifi network adapter. I absolutely could NOT get it to reinstall. I would scan for hardware changes, and it would notice there was a network adapter, but wouldn't install the drivers. I tried to add them manually with the "Have Disk" option. I tried to let Windows find the drivers by itself. I tried the auto setup the driver came with. None of them worked. I eventually had to use a restore point, because nothing I did would reinstall the driver.

This has been going on for a while now. I've tried a few different routers, but none seem to make a difference. Only thing I can assume is it's my network adapter.

I can run the windows troubleshooter, and it ALWAYS has to reset my network adapter. 

Help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hello, I just saw this and apologize. I feel it is not malware so I will move it to the Networking forum to see if you can get some help.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 stellgod

stellgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

This was initially posted under networking and I was asked to move it to the aforementioned topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504748/wifi-slow-to-autoconnect-after-sleep/#entry3133862

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Ok, then we should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users