Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I hate this Windows 7 (vs XP)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 putermode

putermode

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

I'm having various problems that were automatically done for me in XP.  The frustrating part at this time is bringing in photos from my camera...it downloads it but I can't find the pics in My Pictures.  With XP, I would create a file beforehand and with XP I was able to download directly to that file.  Various options would appear for my choiice automatically.  With Windows 7, nothing appears...it just downloads to wherever it goes and I ca't find the pics.  I tried to download to the camera input cd and am still having problems..

Any help out there?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Have you looked under Downloads? I think any downloads goes there by default. From there, you can move them to My Pictures.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

FWIW:  A useful tool for finding any file or file type on your system:  Everything Search Engine - http://www.voidtools.com/ .

Louis

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

When you say 'Download', do you mean by wi-fi ?  If you do this through your browser, then you can set the download function (normally found under 'Tools / Options') to ask you where you want files to go instead of using a default location, which as Frankp had said is 'Downloads'. This then gives you the normal choices of picking an existing folder or creating a new one.

Personally, I always use a card reader - take the card out of the camera, plug it into the reader, plug the reader into a convenient USB socket, then drag and drop with Windows Explorer. When my wife and I go on a trip I don't even bother with the card reader - just plug the camera card into the SD socket on her laptop. We can get away with this now because all our cameras use SD cards, my previous SLR used Compact Flash. Apart from simplicity, the other reason for using a card reader is speed, we can take anything up to a couple of thousand images a day between us.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

From my own experience, it will show a window to remind you of the download process. Have you seen this when you download your pictures? You can also have a look at the default for Download.

If you still cannot find the pictures, try to search  your HDDs. This may be helpful. After you can find it, you can remove them to a folder you created.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users