Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davezd

davezd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I am getting random fps drops in my games moslty i play league of legends and i start with around 90 and its goes down to 50 ish and in teamfights down to around 25 to 30 :( how is it posible to drop so much ????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

What kind of internet connection do you have and what model graphics card?

#3 davezd

davezd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

its a nvidia gtx 650 and my internet is 1.6 mbps download speed i know its not the fastest but i have always stable 50 ping so cant be the reason at all 

#4 AdagioBoognish

AdagioBoognish

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

Well your GPU is capable and a 1.6 mbps should be fine, plus what your describing isn't really consistent with lag due to connection problems. I usually see rubber-banding during matches if my connection is  acting up. Lets gather up some information on your system and try some basic trouble shooting to start.

How long have you had your GTX 650 and is this a recently developed issue or something you've been experiencing since day one?

Download Speccy and post your results.

I've been reading about GPU driver conflicts creating somewhat similar FPS drops. You could use Driver Fusion to completely remove your current GPU driver and install the latest driver from Nvidia.

Another common cause of a drop in FPS is overheating. When you start to overheat your system might respond by either throttling the CPU (Dynamic frequency scaling: reduces the number of instructions a processor can issue in a given amount of time, thus reducing performance. The harder a CPU is working the more heat that it produces) or by shutting down the system completely (Screen locks and goes black, usually along with an error sound, before shutting the computer off).

I recommend using CPUID HWMonitor to check your system temps. You should watch the first column, 'Value', when you first turn on your computer, after it's been sitting idle for a few minutes, and while your computer's under load. I'd let it run during a round of whichever game most regularly makes your FPS drop and alt+tab to HWMonitor to check your temps when your FPS start dropping. The maximum temp for a GTX 650 is 98 celsius (which is nuts, my 660 is running at 38C idle). Generally speaking most CPUs will start to experience some problems at around 85C-90C, which is hot enough to slow cook some breakfast in your case.

Hopefully this helps, Good luck!

#5 davezd

davezd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

My cpu goes up to 41 max and value is 33 -34 my gpu is max 34 and value 32 but under ASROCK ( is that my motherboard ???) it says CPUTIN goes up to 72 and under  AUXTIN 92 maybe thats overheating  and causing fps problems ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users