Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

re: a dell inspiron 1100 that screen died

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 reble

reble

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

I picked up 2 dell inspiron 1100 laptops in an Ebay deal. A working one (we will call laptop (1)) and a dead laptop for spare parts (laptop (2).  2 days after I got them the screen on laptop (1) (the working one) went dead, the rest of laptop a is still working. The power light is on, I hear the cd-rom drive working and see the drive light on, I hear the hard drive turning and the hd light is blinking,  I also hear the cooling fan turning. I tryed an external monitor on laptop (1).  no go. still a dead screen.  i tried swaping video cards between laptops 1 and 2, still no go.

An update the dead laptop (2) is not so dead as I though.  I borrowed the main battery from the laptop that was working and wala the dead laptop work's.  But it still has 2 problems.  1 it still won't work off the ac power pack and won't charge the battery.   2 it won't see the 250gb ide hard drive that I have but it sees the 10gb hard drive I have.  I also have a 20gb hard drive.  I haven't tried the 20gb hd yet. I need some help please.

Steve

Edited by hamluis, 18 August 2013 - 11:30 AM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users