Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Some Drivers, Can't Connect To My Router...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gizmo770

Gizmo770

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

I have an IBM Thinkpad T42 with Windows XP Professional SP3, and I can't connect to the internet. What I mean by that is that I'm having "Limited or no Connectivity" problems, when I can still actually use the internet on other computers. I just recently installed some drivers when I had no wireless, well, drivers.

The network drivers/adapters I have currently are Intel® Pro/1000 MT Mobile Connection and the Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection.

I've also tried the repair options that the current system offers, like diagnose and Repair Wireless Network Connection, but it doesn't work. More specifically, it stops at a step. I forgot what exactly it was, but it was something about the IP Address.

I have also tried to Flush my DNS, and it states that "a device attached to the system is not functioning.

When the internet actually comes to a close, whenever that happens, just think, how will we live?

~(Myself) Gizmo770

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gizmo770

Gizmo770
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

New items have come into play, when I connect the laptop to an ethernet source, it connects, and it also ocassionally shows false connectivity statuses. Like for example, when I look at the wireless, it says connected, but still, with no actual connection.

When the internet actually comes to a close, whenever that happens, just think, how will we live?

~(Myself) Gizmo770

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Go Here and select the correct model...and download/install Lenovo drivers, please.

Louis

#4 Gizmo770

Gizmo770
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

I have already did. Do i actually need to install ALL the driver downloads availible?

~(Myself) Gizmo770

#5 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Right click My Computer --> properties --> hardware tab --> Device Manager button.

any hardware not functioning should show up with a yellow or red flag next to it. Click the plus button beside network adapters to expand. Check properties of each to see its status

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

FWIW:  A device with damaged driver files...won't necessarily be reflected in Device Manager as something requiring attention.

Since your router is your only complaint...which means your network capability is the issue...I would uninstall the network device drivers and install fresh ones and leave all drivers apparently functioning properly alone.

Depending on the chipset/CPU...it might also be worthwhile to install the chipset drivers anew.  Doing so won't harm anything and may help.

And...I would also reset the router by pulling the power cord, leaving it unconnected for a few seconds...and then reattaching it properly.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users