Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Probably pretty bad rootkit

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KingKoki

KingKoki

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hi 

I've been having a rootkit problem for over a year now. I tried most of the killer program on this site, don't remember all the names. Malwarebytes, rkill and more. I have stayed away from combofix. 

I get allot of redirects and popups on most browsers. I did not have the problem for some time because of some good add ons, but now it's trouble again. I've been looking at my host file, and nothing seems to be wrong. The rootkit is preventing windows firewall from running. I try to download DDS, but Norman AV keeps telling it's a  trojan and removes it before I can rename it. 

I've been thinking about just giving up, wipe my SSD and HDD and re install Windows 7, but I've heard of rootkits that can even survive that. So I would really appreciate if you can have a look at this problem. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hello,to clean this we need a deeper look to find where it's hooked.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users