Please download ewido security suite
it is a trial version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
- Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
- The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update
- Then click on Start Update
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updates
Once the updates are installed do the following:
- please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows
icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
- Doubleclick the Ewido Shortcut
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**
- You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
- If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
- DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
- If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.
Reboot your computer in windows normal mode and post a fresh hijackthis log along with the result of ewido.
Edited by perculator, 02 May 2006 - 12:27 PM.