Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with a graphics card I purchased

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helldorado

helldorado

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I purchased a gpx card a while ago but had very little luck with it.... "PowerColor Go! Green HD5450 512MB DDR3 HDMI"... the specs listed are...

• Part NumberAX5450 512MK3-SH
  • Graphics EngineRADEON HD5450
  • Video Memory512MB DDR3
  • Engine Clock650MHz
  • Memory Clock400MHz x 2
  • Memory Interface64bit
  • DirectX® Support11
  • Bus StandardPCIE 2.1 [Compatibility]
  • Display ConnectorsDL-DVI/HDMI/VGA   

The computer I'm working with is a Dell OptiPlex 745... http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/servicetag/CHZGVC1?s=BIZ

That's the Dell page for my particular service tag...

Any help would be much appreciated. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

that 5450 gfx card is a type that isn't very powerful, but more than makes up for it in the compatibility, budget  and HTPC rankings. when you state that you are having very little luck with it, do you mean it isn't working?. a few things come to mind. How did the initial installation go?  did you remove the  remnants of any gfx card that you had before? did you check in your BIOS if there is a switch to prioritize the pci for display? Those things come to mind and are quite common when installing this type of hardware.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 helldorado

helldorado
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for your input.. I will check all the things you've mentioned and get back to you...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users