Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I publish pics the the internet?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

I tried using the "web publisher wizard" but it did not work.  It said: the Wizard could not connect to the internet or the web service returned a wizard page that is not valid. Thanks in advance.  Any help would be well appreciated I have never done this.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

In all the years I have used Windows, I have never used Web Publisher Wizard. My experience is that most web publishing platforms come with image publishing. I post pics to my blog everyday to their image hosting. So I think if you tell us exactly what you are trying to do and where you are trying do do it, we can point you in the right direction.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,008 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Just trying to publish a pic to Facebook and use a pic for an Avatar on another website/forum.  Thanks again.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Want to make it easy as pie? Then follow along.

Make a free account on imgur.com.

Download MyImgur 3.1.

You can either install it by using the installer or just download the standalone executable.

If you choose the installer, it will register a dll and add an entry to the right click menu of image files which allows you to upload it.

I prefer not registering a dll so I would download the executable. Put the executable in a place that makes sense. Then create a shortcut to it the Send To folder.  To upload, right click any image and send to > imgur or whatever name you chose for the shortcut.

Send To is located at .C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\SendTo. You need to turn on hidden files and folder to see it.

Edited by .X., 16 August 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

Just trying to publish a pic to Facebook and use a pic for an Avatar on another website/forum.  Thanks again.

I'm not on Facebook but it's no different than anything else. They have their own image hosting. There should be a link on the webpage that allows you to post a pic. You click on it and open My Photos and add your pic. same thing with most forums. You don't need Web Publisher Wizard.

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,008 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'm not on Facebook but it's no different than anything else. They have their own image hosting. There should be a link on the webpage that allows you to post a pic. You click on it and open My Photos and add your pic. same thing with most forums. You don't need Web Publisher Wizard.

Okay I succeded on facebook, it was easy.  But the other forum is asking for a URL?  I tried a few things but no good.  For a site like this am I going to have to use a site like Photobucket?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

I've used Photobucket for a number of years, it's easy to use.

In the image below you can see the choices for Library, which is the page shown, and Upload.  When you upload an image it will be stored in your library.  When you hold the pointer in the upper right corner of a picture in the library an icon of a gear a menu will appear.  One of the options is to Get Links, this will give you the options seen in the image below.  Click on the type of link you want and it will be copied, right click in the forum and paste the image there.

photobucket_zps5389b13e.png

Below is the way the link appears, most forums will accept this type or URL.

[URL=http://s68.photobucket.com/user/myusername/media/photobucket_zps5389b13e.png.html][IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i35/myusername/photobucket_zps5389b13e.png[/IMG][/URL]

Some forums, like Bleeping Computer like to see it in the form seen below.

[IMG=http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i35/myusername/photobucket_zps5389b13e.png]

Edited by dc3, 17 August 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

Okay I succeded on facebook, it was easy.  But the other forum is asking for a URL?  I tried a few things but no good.  For a site like this am I going to have to use a site like Photobucket?

I guess it depends on the forum. On BC, you can select an image from your computer like you did at Facebook. Most forums should have that option. 

Edited by hamluis, 18 August 2013 - 11:33 AM.
Removed unnecessary quotes - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users