Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed Windows Update?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 live_pc_expert

live_pc_expert

• Banned
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, after a failed Windows Update when the computer restarted then after I keep getting an error message with “Bad Image” with the path of the program name. When the computer starts then I get several “Bad Image” errors and only a button to click on “OK” after that the desktop is there. Then when I click on Start or any of the programs, they always give the same “Bad Image” with the path of the program name or a dll file and then after clicking on the OK button the program starts working, even if trying to open RUN, I keep getting the message, the same thing happens in Safe Mode. I tried to perform a System Restore, it failed. Windows Updates are now installed. I have also removed all Start Up Items and Non Microsoft Services. I have done and full scan with Malware Bytes from Safe Mode but there were no infections found, I had also scanned for Rootkits using TDS Killer and there were no infections. In another user account also facing the same issue. When performed a System File Check then there are no integrity issues fond.

I am not aware of any further steps to resolve this issue. Please help me to fix this annoying error.

Please Help!!!!!

Thanks in Advance....

Edited by hamluis, 17 August 2013 - 05:37 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,215 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

The error code indicates here is either a bad sector on your hard drive, or a system file or files are corrupt. See here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/error-code-bad-image-windows-7/e3b2b788-1415-4dd6-ae90-c413ba1e726a

Best bet is to back up whatever critical files you can, then follow the steps outlined above. Personally, I would run sfc /scannow first, then run chkdsk.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,035 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

With all the problems you are reporting I will start by requesting help on the Am I infected? What do I do? section of the forum to make sure your computer is malware free.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,215 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Good point. If you look at the problems presented in the multiple postings, it seems fairly obvious that you are dealing with some sort of malware. Ask the forum moderator to perhaps bundle them all into one thread and move it to Am I infected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users