Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection issues with Arris DG860A

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ironwall90

ironwall90

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

I recently got internet through a local company (theres not many options for internet where I live), and they gave me an Arris Cable modem & router combo. Ever since I've had it, it will randomly lose connection throughout the day. Some days this happens only once or twice, and some days it can happen a hundred times a day, for anywhere between 1 and 30 minutes.

When it loses connection, the power light stays on, but the US, DS, and online lights go out occasionally. I've noticed sometimes only the online light goes out, while other times the online and either US or DS goes out, and sometimes all 3.
Unplugging the power and plugging it back in usually fixes it, but sometimes only for a minute or so before repeating the same thing. I called the technicians, and they came and replaced my box saying it may have been bad. It still lost connection even after this.

I'm not sure what to do about it, or what could be the problem. Any ideas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Do you have another computer to check the intermittent problem? Is it by wired or wireless only? The 2 things to monitor when connection goes down is the network icon(s) on system tray and your router LED lights.

Tekken

#3 ironwall90

ironwall90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

I have another computer, and it is losing connection as well. Both wired & wireless loses connection. I'm not losing wireless activity, i'm losing actual internet connection to the modem/router. When the connection goes down, I always lose the "online" light, and sometimes I lose one or both of the US/DS lights, then when its fixing itself, the US/DS lights blink then go solid, then the online light blinks, then goes solid and I have internet connection again. I hope this info helps.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

I've experienced this problem as to why my suggestions are practically the same. Let them check these problem again as I'm sure it is in their own end that is causing the issue.

I called the technicians, and they came and replaced my box saying it may have been bad.

There is also a phone/network splitter (for DSL) wire that goes to your router. Did you or they have tried to swap it also? It could also be the DSL splitter so overall they should be thoroughly check or a customer representative may be able to check it on their end for an area ongoing maintenance/upgrade or problems.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users