Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

250gb disappear from hdd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 barowuni

barowuni

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hello,

I do not know what happened.. but I lost... 250gb+ of my files in my laptop. On the HDD where was 40gb free space now there is 326gb..

Most of my programs that I had... they just disappear... same with the movies.. (but for example .3gp files still are there)

Moreover, option "restore system" was disabled...

Those are logs from the OTL.. I dont know if it will help...

OTL - http://wklej.to/wfa5K

Extras - http://wklej.to/l4yKb

I gave this laptop to a computer shop.. but all they did was trying to install antivirus.. then they did that checkdisk when you start the computer... before the login window (it took like 2h or maybe even more)... after that I took the computer back...

Now I dont know what to do, because files can be overwritten, due to the system partition.

And giving this laptop to a professional shop that is specialized in restoring files will cost me SO MUCH.

I beg you for help... on the HDD I had very important things

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Btw: Sorry for my english.. I hope you can understand everything

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hello, please repost your question with the full OTL log here so we can advance.

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users