Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PROACTIVE_FAKEAV Real or not?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cwstad

cwstad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hi guys, ive been getting bombarded with notifications from trend re the Fake Av threat. Yesterday i had 22 notifications from 22 computers, the following was within the email C:\Program Files\Cirrato Technologies\Cirrato Client\cirratosrv.exe;C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe;C:\Windows\TEMP\Proactive_FC.ini. is this is a virus?

Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

seems it may be company software.

Dipritec AB

Programs developed by Dipritec AB

Cirrato
http://dipritec-ab.software.informer.com/

Cirrato removes all print servers and 99.9% of wide area print traffic. Cirrato Single Server Printing streamlines administration of printers and drivers, greatly reduces the number of support calls, with granular control of all printing cost. One installation supports 100,000 clients and 12,000 printers in 70 locations, another manages 130 million printed pages per year.

The possibility exists that the file is infected. So we can upload that file for a second opinion.

submit it to one of the following online services that analyzes suspicious files:In the "File to Scan" (Upload or Submit) box, browse to the location of the suspicious file(s) and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis. If you get a message saying "File has already been analyzed", click Reanalyze or Scan again.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 cwstad

cwstad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

Thanks for the info much appreciated. i will submit the file for scanning and post the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users