Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New RAM not working

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 devv

devv

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

Hello,
I have Acer Predator g5900

I bought  new ram and when i insert them and turn on my pc i get acer screen and a beep then  the screen goes black and once again acer screen beep and so on...

ram-http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX1333C9D3B1K2_8G.pdf
motherboard- H57H-AM2

D.

Edited by hamluis, 16 August 2013 - 10:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

Either you didn't seat them right or they're are lemons.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/1374/Acer-Predator-G5900.html?page=69

#3 devv

devv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

i think its the normal beep the first one.

i tried connecting  1 ram  and windows tried to start but blue screen showed up to prevent windows from being damaged. any idea why? 

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

ovbiously there is a memory parity error for the boot process  to be interrupted with a blue screen of PC social disease.

Your kingston memory spec sheet is wonderful and stimulating, but that isn't getting that RAM working.  I just use S I W as a system information app, and it provides RAM info that is quite simple. like DDR  and pcxxxx and  xxx MHz and dual channel, and EPP... you know, the basic stuff that the end user would need to go shopping. Anyway,  you desktop data sheet isn't helping you much with your basic ram specs and your kingston spec sheet is a bit overwhelming when all you really need are just those few details. The apps most common that users employ are S I W and speccy. Those two apps will tell you what you have already in your system that is functioning successfully. I would uninstall those two failing add-on RAM sticks , read your speccy info, and try again  with RAM sticks that might just be different and compatible

..But wait there is more..you can access your BIOS before your PC ever makes it to a boot. there may be memory settings in there that you need to tweak, that is a little bit of a climb, but your PC is worth it to you. Then on top of that, there is your motherboard..looks like an i-5 - 650 sandy bridge CPU seated on an Acer proprietary MoBo. that is what came back when i looked it up. The motherboard is ultimately what your RAM is mating up to so the compatibility specs need to match that MoBo.

Also, i see this all the time, users think they can just handle those RAM sticks like playing cards, and the truth is, NO, you shouldn't. You should be extremely careful whilst handling them physically. carefully keeping them in their static proof bags until they are aready to install, and then on top of that. keep yourself grounded by touching your PC chassis frame whilst positioning them for the physical installation..

Anyway, i looked it up for while, and this came back:

http://www.memorystock.com/ram/AcerAspirePredatorG5900RAM.html

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#5 devv

devv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

@synergy

heres speccy  if you or anyone else wants to see 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/ib1x.jpg/

I cant acess bios as my keyboard doesnt work its not even on.

And i did treat RAM extremely carefully just the way  you said they should be treated.

online ram scanners say that  the ram should be compatible ...

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

What specific modules did you purchase?

Did you try the new RAM without the old RAM?  The old RAM minus the new?

Louis

#7 devv

devv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

im not sure what you mean by modules ..

8GB DDR3 - 1333 CL9 240-Pin UDIMM Kit (2x4GB)

Thats what it says on the RAM package not sure if that answers your question..

First i tried  replacing my old 4 GB ram (2x2GB) with the  new RAM - PC turns on acer screen shows up and it beeps (normal beep sound which happens all the time when i turn it on) then screen goes black and it repeats the cycle.

I tried putting in all 2 old stick and 2 new sticks and im not sure what happened either  screen just stayed black or  same as above.

Then i tried putting in just 1 stick of new RAM and the blue screen shows up.Same happens if i change the slot and it happens with both new RAM sticks. before the blue screen shows up theres another screen that pops up which states that 4gb ram are found.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

That doesn't answer my second question...

Louis

#9 devv

devv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Can you explain to me what do you mean by modules ill try my best to answers.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

A "module", "stick" and various other terms...all refer to what is inserted into the RAM slots on any motherboard.

Your new RAM may not coexist with your old...your motherboard slots could be the problem.  If the old RAM by itself works as it should...in all slots...and none of the new RAM modules work in any single or dual-slot configuration...then you point to the new RAM.

If the old doesn't work in all slots...then you can point to the motherboard.

There's more to testing than just throwing modules in somewhat randomly.

On paper, it looks like your new RAM should work with no problem...yet, there is a problem.  If possible, we need to define that it's A and not B, B and not A.

Louis

#11 devv

devv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

The old RAM work fine in the slots they were installed previously  havent tested them in the other 2 but i will.

The new RAM dont workat all (acer screen beep and so on)  when i insert them both but  when i put only 1 in any of the slots the blue screen shows up.

#12 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

If using the old RAM modules starts up the computer normally and the new ones don't then, either the new RAM chips aren't compatible with your computer or they're faulty.

#13 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

also, one other thing. Is your keyboard a ps/2 or usb? the ps/2 with the round pinned configuration on the cable end is the one that may initialize just enough during power up to let you get into your BIOS to check for memory settings there. The USB type keyboard may or may not initialize the same way a ps/2 will.

Ok, I am not going to promote some online retailer any more than i already have  or suggest you buy from vendor x  but the info is there and pertinent..I will paste..

Acer Aspire Predator G5900 Computer takes the DDR3 PC3-10666 240-pin DIMM RAM Type, and comes installed with 6GB (removable) of RAM. You can upgrade your Acer Aspire Predator G5900 Computer to up to a maximum of 16GB RAM, the Computer has 4 (2 banks of 2) to install RAM, already with 6GB (removable) standard RAM installed.  For best Computer performance use the maximum amount of allowed RAM per slot for your system.

2GB Module 2048MB-1333MHz DDR3-1333 PC3-10600, 240p DIMM, 1.5v

I tried to follow your imageshack link and it didn't load they way it should have for me to see your speccy image. I suggest you use photobucket instead. I also want to see the motherboard info that speccy offers up on a platter. I know you are getting overwhelmed with info requests and please take it the right way, we want to see to it that you get your ram installed and functioning successfully to its full potential.

Its just that i know firsthand the joy of a successful add-on RAM installation, and i also know the frustration of an unsuccessful installation.

Edited by synergy513, 16 August 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#14 devv

devv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

i have a usb keyboard i noticed that if i only connect one of the new ram i can access bios but not when both.

And in my bios i either cant find or dont have settings for ram ...   in my advaced chipset features > fsb memory config 

when i go into advanced chipset features there is no fsb memory config option ... unless you meant some other options... 

i cant buy from them as im in europe .I also forgot to mention my desktop only has 4GB ram installed thats the way it was when i bought it not 6GB .

wasnt sure how to sue photobucket so let me know if something is wrong with the ling.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag97/xxdevillxx/spec_zpsdd848960.jpg

and thanks for all the help guys 

#15 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

ok, thats better, I can see your speccy readouts that you put up on photobucket. FSB = front side bus?  it is ok, some BIOS editions provide for manually adjusted system memory settings, some do not.  this one stick that at least lets you get into your BIOS, if you only have that one stick installed in addition to your two primary sticks, will your PC boot with that one add-on stick? we will call that stick "EG"   as in example-good. What happens when you install stick EG into the other available slot, same result? we can call the other kingston stick ENG. so stick EG is the one that at least lets you into your BIOS, and you will get back to us if stick EG allows your PC boot up. ok?

also, i see cause for concern in regards to you power supply voltage provisions.  your 1.5v is on VIN (input voltage). that is a new one to me and out of my realm. (my older xp32 machine is 2.5v RAM).

I don't think your MHz is cause for concern, most of the time it adapts either way   up or down, last i checked.

Now, your system reads 4 gb RAM, yet there is a 3gb reading in your "total physical" That is another new one.

another new one is your pc3-10600 spec, i don't see that info provided for either in your speccy or your kingston.

the bright side is, you have matching ddr3.

ok, this link is for informational purposes only.

http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CT2KIT51264BA1339

i know this is pretty stupid, but these experiments you are doing with your RAM is requiring incessant reboots. please note that some machines will only allow so many re-boots in a given time. So, if you find your machine power not responding like it is dead, it may need to wait for a day or two to reset because you re-booted too many times. i know, pretty silly, but it happened to me once, scared the jeebies out of me.

Edited by synergy513, 16 August 2013 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users