Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

live email folder problem, not showing changes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 muffyn

muffyn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

1. my win 7 laptop went "poof"
2. got new computer
3. installed windows live mail on new computer since windows 8 has a weird email program.
4. had win 7 computer backed up, so had all my windows live emails safely there.
5. copied all the old win 7 emails into the NEW win 8 live email program
6. everything worked great,, could get new emails & all the old ones were there.
7. worked around the NEW live mail, by changing names of folders, deleting some emails etc. so the folder list was NOT the same as when I moved them,
8. looked in windows explorer at the folder where the emails were supposed to be saved.
9. but,,,,,,,,,,,, nothing was changed,,, it still was all the old names etc.
10. for example, I changed a folder name (IN live mail)from dog to cat, & deleted cow.
11. but looking at windows explorer it was still dog & cow was still there.
12. opening live mail,,, it was the changed folders cat.
13. so I do not get it..
14. why didn't the folders in windows explorer CHANGE to reflect all my changes in windows live mail??

15. even changed the "save" folder from the live mail program to a different place in windows explorer, but it still saved all the email as original.

16.also, when it was moving the emails to the new folder, it showed the correct amount of messages, but in windows explorer, some of the folders say they are empty.  but all my emails show up in live mail.

17. this is so frustrating............ since I need to backup my email folder every now & then.

18. If you can't help, can you point me to the right direction?  the NEW computer manufacturer will not help as it is 3rd party stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users