Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hi, I'm new here

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_RoutaSielu_*

Guest_RoutaSielu_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

I've got some experience working on and with computers, mostly hardware. When possible I refurbish old/broken hardware and sometimes sell them for cheap other times donate them to schools or someone in need.

I stopped using name brand PCs a few years ago when I learned most of the benefits to building my own custom machines. I like to do my own custom wiring and cable management to keep things looking nice and running well. When possible, I'll sometimes make modifications to hardware if it has benefits of running cooler or more efficiently.

Outside of computers, I'm really big on music and a bit of a musician. I play guitar (acoustic and electric), bass and drums. I'm going to be starting my own business making custom handmade guitars/basses and drums.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

:welcome:

I've been know to donate older computers. However I have observed that at least in this area people seem to like name brand computers, even for free.

I will say that when I pass on a computer it has all the manuals and disks that came with it. Not to mention it still looks new. The Laptop I bought when Windows 7 first came out still looks new. Both of my laptops run better than new too. Ever since I equipped them with a SSD as a replacement for the original boot drive.

Good Luck with Your new business

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users