Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperately need help for computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arch_Nemesis

Arch_Nemesis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

Alright, let me get into the problem. I've had this computer for about a year and it's always had this problem that baffles me. I dread turning off my computer because when I do 90% of the time nothing will show up on my monitor next time I boot it up...now, I suspect this is an internal problem because when there's nothing on the monitor I turn my computer off and it makes a beeping sound. I'm personally not an expert with computers but that's got to be something going on in there. I might be able to make a video and post it soon, but until then...any suggestions? I heard somewhere it may be my hard drive coming lose but I want a second opinion and some instructions before I start rummaging around inside it. I have Windows 7 32 bit, AMD Radeon 4850, Intel Core 2 Quad, and 8 gigs of ram (even though I can only use 3), if that'll help. Also, my mother board is an Asus, if anyone needs some more information please ask. Thanks in advanced. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

When you turn the computer on and there's nothing on the monitor, does it beep then? Sounds like either your monitor is going bad, or your video card. The beep makes me suspect it's the video card.

#3 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Might try replacing the mobo battery, especially if your computer goes to the default bios settings. A dead mobo battery will give you boots into a black screen; though bad RAM will do that too.

#4 Arch_Nemesis

Arch_Nemesis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

When you turn the computer on and there's nothing on the monitor, does it beep then? Sounds like either your monitor is going bad, or your video card. The beep makes me suspect it's the video card.

No, it beeps when I turn it off. It's usually one loud beep, although sometimes it beeps a bit longer.

#5 Arch_Nemesis

Arch_Nemesis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Might try replacing the mobo battery, especially if your computer goes to the default bios settings. A dead mobo battery will give you boots into a black screen; though bad RAM will do that too.

Haven't checked the mobo battery, but I don't think it's my RAM, it seems to be fine while playing games that are demanding memory wise.

#6 Arch_Nemesis

Arch_Nemesis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Also, it comes out of my headphones, not out of my computer if that helps.

#7 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

That sounds like the shutdown audio alert -- does it always beep when it shuts down? Or only when the screen is blank?

#8 Arch_Nemesis

Arch_Nemesis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

That sounds like the shutdown audio alert -- does it always beep when it shuts down? Or only when the screen is blank?

It does it when I have to turn it off with the power button, (so yes when the screen's black and when it isn't), Although It doesn't do it when I just shut it off normally.

#9 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Still leaves us with the video card or the monitor as the main culprits. If you can, hook up another monitor to the computer. If the problem goes away, you know it's the monitor. If it continus, we know the problem with with the PC -- again, probably the video card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users