Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure if this is the right place, but im having boot loops.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xer 21

xer 21

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

So a few days ago, i bought an H80i, and installed it.  I installed it worng, so i shut down my pc and re installed it.  no, nothing overheated.  then, when i tried to turn it on, i got infinite boot loops.  it would turn on for about 5 seconds, then restart.  it never posted, and i could never get to the bios.

i read somewhere to try the reset button, and i pressed it, i got no indication that it did anything, no feedback whatsoever, so i dont even know if it worked, but later after that, my pc turned on.  it gave me a warning about having an unstable OC, which is retarded, since i had been on stock clocks.

then, i had more problems.

any game i played had terrible stuttery lag.  Playing BF3 i had this weird frame lags where i'd move and there would be subtle pauses every second or so.  if anyone has played BF3 a lot, imagine the scope stutter issue on the scoped .44 magnum, but everywhere in the game, at all times.  but i wasnt having actual lag issues like legitimate rubber banding or anything, my ping was stable, and i was never dropping below 70 FPS.  so it wasnt my card or internet.  Then, in Far Cry 3, even if i dropped the settings to all low, i was getting frame drops from 60-30 and lower, every 3 seconds.  that was NOT happening before, even on high settings.  in game, i had massivley fluctuating GPU usage, from 40% to 98% and back, all over the place.  only one core was being stressed in all of these.

so i read up, and it appeared to mimic the symptons of core parking.  well, unfortunately, every single guide for core parking is on Win 7, and im on vista.

So i deciced to do a modest OC to free my CPU up a bit.  i OC'ed my 2600k to 3.8 Ghz.  booted up fine.  never went past 65 degrees after a couple hours of prime 95.  and more importantly it fixed ALL of my issues in game. 

so this morning i went to wake up my PC, and my mouse and keyboard were off.  this little issue has happened to me a few times in the past, and a restart is necessary.  so i restarted it and....boot loops.

but, different than the first time, everything lights up for less than a second, and dies. 

i tried the reset button.  nothing.

any ideas?

MSI Z68 Ma ED55

i7 2600k

8 GB Gskill Ripjaws X at 1600

EVGA GTx 560 Ti

XFX XXX edition 650 watt odular PSU.

Windows Vista, all service packs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

When you installed the cooler did you remove the CPU ? apply new paste ? I would try reseating the CPU and anything else you could have bumped while you were in there. Set Bios to defaults and test. Then overclock from there.

#3 xer 21

xer 21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

When you installed the cooler did you remove the CPU ? apply new paste ? I would try reseating the CPU and anything else you could have bumped while you were in there. Set Bios to defaults and test. Then overclock from there.

i reset the bios and cleared he CMOS and still couldnt get out of the boot loops.

i ended up sending it in for RMA. 

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

thank god for warranties

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users