Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkin Easy Transfer Cable

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tipp-ex

tipp-ex

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hi all,

I recxently bought the cable and tried it today. It wont work, more specifically the disk wont load onto ANY computer, it says there isnt enough space to install. I have 42 GB  free on my C drive on my laptop.

When i put in the disk that comes with the cble, and i press Run, the Belkin screen comes up as per normal but it doesnt load. The only options at the bottom are "User Manual" and "Finish". No install button. Strange. No sound from the disk either.

So, i go into computer, open the disk, and press "mwinstal" and the following comes up "Not enough storage is available to process this command"

What can i do?

Im trying to transfer Films from my Windows 7 Home Edition Laptop to our family PC Windows Vista. Is this the problem?

Thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 15 August 2013 - 12:22 PM.
Moved from XP to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

According to the Belkin Website, if this is Your Cable?

http://www.belkin.com/us/F4U060-Belkin/p/P-F4U060

1. Put CD into drive of old computer
install and/or launch Windows Easy Transfer*

2. Put CD into drive of new computer
follow on-screen instructions

3. Connect Easy Transfer Cable
follow on-screen instructions to complete
transfer

*Microsoft’s Easy Transfer Software is included.

This Implies that the Microsoft software is used,Google showed this

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=Microsoft%E2%80%99s+Easy+Transfer+Software&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 tipp-ex

tipp-ex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

rotor123

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like the cable but is not exactly it, ill put a picture of my exact one below.

My problem seem to be that the disk is not installing on my old computer (laptop). Not enough space is the reason given. Odd.

I even tried in on the home PC which has loads of space and same problem.

mlZcZfoW7E2Ttfk3iv7BZRg.jpg

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

If it were mine I'd use the Google link and get the Microsoft software and try it, Or get a hold of Belkin support for a link to the latest drivers.

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Here is the Microsoft easy transfer application for XP/Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-easy-transfer

Your Windows 7 OS should already have it installed.

I didn't use the software that came with my cable. I used Microsft's that I downloaded from the link above.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 tipp-ex

tipp-ex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

Thanks for the replies, ill try that and let ye know.

#7 tipp-ex

tipp-ex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Right

Its no good.

Ive downloaded the software provided with the link above to both my PC and Laptop. But when it somes down to the transfer, the laptop Windows Easy Transfer says "Windows Easy Transfer cannot connect to your other computer. You might be running an older version of Windows Easy Transfer on your other computer (im not AFAIK)

Follow the instructions on your other computer to complete the connection"

Im going around in circles, please help.

By the way, Belkin didnt bother their ass replying to my query

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

This does not directly answer your specific issue...but...

Are both computers connected to the Internet? Are both computers on the same local network? In other words, do both computers connect to the same router?

If yes, then you could transfer the files over the network by using folder sharing.

For that matter, you can use Windows Easy Transfer using a network connection if memory serves.

#9 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

I know that the cable would probably be easier, However have You considered using an external drive?

I think I paid $90 for a 1Tb USB portable, and a AC powered one would have been less expensive. The portable are better for what I bought them for since all You need is the drive and the USB cable.

When You are done the External drive would be good for keeping backup on.

Good Luck

Roger

167 @ June 2015

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

There is a version of easy transfer for XP/Visat and a version for Windows 7. The Windows 7 version should have already been included with your original OS and not needed to be downloaded. If you downloaded the XP version on top of it that could be your problem.

Since you are having problems smax013 offers a viable alternative to continuing to troubleshoot the transfer cable/software issues. Let us know which direction you wish to pursue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users