Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows defender virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tdcrook89

tdcrook89

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

After looking around to find a solution to the windows defender virus I have I came across these forums. I've previously tried this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-defender-2013

but have been unsuccessful as the virus is blocking all downloads and I am unable to get access to a clean computer currently to transfer files. If anyone could help with this that would be fantastic. I would like to add I'm not a computer 'wiz'. Thanks in advance, T.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Hello, I moved this from Win7 to the Am I Infected forum.

Can you try using Malwarebytes Chameleon.
Look here
Use Malwarebytes Chameleon and follow the onscreen instructions. The Chameleon folder can be accessed by opening the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).

How to use Malwarebytes Chameleon when it cannot be opened normally through the START menu
Malwarebytes Chameleon's help file will not open due to infection
Use Malwarebytes Chameleon to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on an already infected system

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tdcrook89

tdcrook89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Thank you, after looking at the link you sent me it is suggesting that I already have malwarebytes and Chameleon on my laptop, unfortunately I don't. I have tried to download the program to use but windows defender is still blocking the download. The error message remains as there being a virus detected so the download was cancelled.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

The you need access to another PC.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users