Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EasyN FS-613A-M136 IP cam not connecting/showing up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cygx

cygx

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Quote from a previous thread:

Whether or not the camera actually gets detected after I boot my computer up has been a roll of the dice since I got it. I constantly have to unplug the camera and plug it back in just to get it to work, and even that's not a sure thing. Lately I've just given up if the camera doesn't get picked up on my network on startup. I only got it working tonight by sheer luck, I was watching a movie and I got an IP address conflict popup, so I figured I'd check and see if it picked up...and it did. Who knows how. I went into the camera's Search IP Address software and changed its IP to 192.168.2.7 instead of its default 192.168.2.2. Hopefully that'll solve the conflict problem and let it get picked up on the network without fail. Time will tell.

This camera has been a pain in my backside since I've gotten it. When it works, it's great. I just can't seem to get this thing to consistently pick up.

I booted my computer up this morning and wouldn't you know, it's not being detected by my recording software, OR the software that came with it. Running a program called Angry IP scanner from range 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.9 reveals 3 live hosts:

192.168.2.1 is my router (I'm pretty sure, that's what I type to access my router)
192.168.2.4 is my OBi110 phone hardware
192.168.2.6 is my PC

From what I set last night, the IP camera should be lighting up 192.168.2.7, but it isn't. I'm wondering if the default IP reset back to 192.168.2.2, or if it's something else. I don't know. I tried unplugging the ethernet cable and plugging it back in, the same to the power, and then to both.

I'm fresh out of ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users