Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanna Emigrate ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yabbadoo

yabbadoo

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Fed up and wanna get out ? Try one of these.

Source :-

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-quality-of-life-map.html

Top10Qualityoflife_zpsa11aa29b.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

LOL yabba.  I don't see the UK listed

Intereting topic. I actually do happen to have some thoughts to share regarding this topic.

Info from UK.gov Visa source to explain the different categories.  Warning: It's complicated.

I took a look at all this and the different categories to immigrate to the UK, (yes this was for moi), and from what I recall, it’s not real easy, there are only like 3 categories. I understand they have greatly restricted this due to the high numbers of immigrants. The one category I was looking at was called "Working in the UK: High-value migrant" category. I think I remember you basically have to have tons of cash in the bank.

It seems it's recommended to get a lawyer to help put the application together.  One of my friends had 86 individual documents in their application (they immigrated to the UK because the spouse was relocated there).

She said the  immigration policy changes for the UK often but particularly when a new party gets into power.  She said if there is an election and the Labor party wins, chances are immigration policy (and Visa requirements) will become more lax and inviting.  My friend tried to get her application in before the Tories got into power because they usually try and close the borders down/limit the number of Visa's awarded, etc.  Immigration policy also changes with the economic climate.  The worse things are there (I was told), the more limited Visa's become for students, general workers, family members of residents, etc. 

I was told that business people would be very welcomed right now because the UK needs jobs and money. 

Then there is the pet issue, oh and getting fingerprinted by Homeland Security, which in and of itself, is apparently a 3-week wait for an appointment.

These are just little things that pop up, I suppose, when you are considering a Visa to the UK LOL. 

so, me? i am sitting pretty. 

#3 yabbadoo

yabbadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

@ Stolen

"LOL yabba.  I don't see the UK listed"

The UK are listed in the table I never showed entitled :-

"Top Ten Countries with Lowest Quality of Life"

I stopped blowing my bugle for Britain in the late 60`s. 

Edited by yabbadoo, 15 August 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

#4 for the US leaves out a more startling statistic.

In 2011, the official poverty rate was 15.0 percent. There were 46.2 million people in poverty.

The poverty rate in 2011 for children under age 18 was 21.9 per-cent. The poverty rate for people aged 18 to 64 was 13.7 percent, while the rate for people aged 65 and older was 8.7 percent. None of the rates for these age groups were statistically different from their 2010 estimates.

At nearly one fourth of the children under the age of 18 living at or below the poverty level, is inexcusable for our alleged wealth and quality of life as a nation.

Quotes from: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/about/overview/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 yabbadoo

yabbadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 510 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

@ Animal

I find those  revelations hard to stomach for the worlds leading nation in freedom and democracy.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users