Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error 1222 and the tarma installer ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dardone

dardone

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'm running windows 7. I had a problem with malware a while ago that stopped me or the operating system from starting some services ( windows error service, task scheduler) I could not fix, so I formatted and reinstalled windows 7 with multi boot ( win 7, 8, and xp) I Know complicated. I now have similar problem soon after re install server service wont start but computer browser and servers dependencies do (start). I also showing a positive in malwarebytes for a PUP.Optional.Tarma A. I have Googled and have hit a brick wall.I have a little Knowledge and good common sense thanks for any wisdom you may be able to share.

error- windows could not start the server service on local computer. error 1222: the network is not present or is not started. By the way I have the problem on win 7 other op systems seem fine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hello dardone and Welcome -

Please run these on the affected system -

Download Security Check by Screen317
* Save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Temporarily disable your Antivirus while you run the next few scans to avoid conflicts

See How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

*Close all open programs and internet browsers.
*Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
*Click on Delete.
*Confirm each time with Ok.
* NOTE : Your computer will be rebooted automatically, and a log file will open after the restart.

*Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
*You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu to your desktop.
*Run the tool by double-clicking it -
*If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
*The tool will open and start scanning your system.
*Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
*On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.

*Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Now be sure to enable your Antivirus again -

Please Update and re-scan with your version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (aka MBAM) and post the log.

Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free (aka SAS)
* Double-click SAS -setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to Check for Updates to be so it is current
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to reboot the computer after you post the log.

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 14 August 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#3 dardone

dardone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.72  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is disabled!)  
 Internet Explorer 10  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
avast! Antivirus   
 Antivirus up to date!   
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 
 MVPS Hosts File  
 Spybot - Search & Destroy 
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300  
 Google Chrome 28.0.1500.72  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui.exe  
 Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler.exe   
 AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc.exe  
 AVAST Software Avast AvastUI.exe  
`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0% 
````````````````````End of Log`````````````````````` 

# AdwCleaner v2.306 - Logfile created 08/15/2013 at 05:26:43
# Updated 19/07/2013 by Xplode
# Operating system : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
# User : ROBERT - WIN7PRO
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Users\ROBERT\Desktop\adwcleaner.exe
# Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrentControl_v6
Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\APN
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\Local\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\LocalLow\Conduit
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\LocalLow\delta
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\LocalLow\PriceGong
Folder Deleted : C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\LocalLow\uTorrentControl_v6

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\ConduitSearchScopes
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\PriceGong
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\SmartBar
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\uTorrentControl_v6
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Toolbar
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\BabylonToolbar
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\DataMngr
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\grusskartencenter.com
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains\grusskartencenter.com
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\OCS
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\5357d688b23fe849
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0ECDF796-C2DC-4D79-A620-CCE0C0A66CC9}
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Babylon
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{C26644C4-2A12-4CA6-8F2E-0EDE6CF018F3}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Prod.cap
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Conduit
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\DataMngr
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\InstallIQ
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\uTorrentControl_v6
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{80922EE0-8A76-46AE-95D5-BD3C3FE0708D}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{7F237289-AD3D-4FAB-96E7-B1CF1073B944}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{B8C770BB-166E-41C2-A6D9-5A3A95CB0A73}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{96F454EA-9D38-474F-B504-56193E00C1A5}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tarma Installer
Value Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser [{96F454EA-9D38-474F-B504-56193E00C1A5}]
Value Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks [{96F454EA-9D38-474F-B504-56193E00C1A5}]
Value Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks [{96F454EA-9D38-474F-B504-56193E00C1A5}]
Value Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar [{96F454EA-9D38-474F-B504-56193E00C1A5}]

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v10.0.9200.16635

Replaced : [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main - Start Page] = hxxp://www.delta-search.com/?affID=119294&tt=190313_wo3&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=8A8A002522FFBCCD --> hxxp://www.google.com

-\\ Google Chrome v28.0.1500.72

File : C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

Deleted [l.4502] : urls_to_restore_on_startup = [ "hxxp://www.google.com/ig?hl=en-GB", "hxxp://start.sweetpacks.[...]

File : C:\Users\the boys\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

[OK] File is clean.

AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [4118 octets] - [15/08/2013 05:22:11]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [3757 octets] - [15/08/2013 05:26:43]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [3817 octets] ##########

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 5.4.6 (08.15.2013:1)
Ran by ROBERT on Thu 08/15/2013 at  5:40:53.66

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{80922EE0-8A76-46AE-95D5-BD3C3FE0708D}
Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{02FB8B17-627F-47D5-9522-90E08CF54AAB}

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\Roaming\goforfiles"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\ROBERT\appdata\local\cre"

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Thu 08/15/2013 at  5:44:45.01
End of JRT log

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

Generated 08/15/2013 at 05:56 AM

Application Version : 5.6.1032

Core Rules Database Version : 10691
Trace Rules Database Version: 8503

Scan type       : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:03:17

Operating System Information
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)
UAC Off - Administrator

Memory items scanned      : 619
Memory threats detected   : 0
Registry items scanned    : 60363
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned        : 11273
File threats detected     : 40

Adware.Tracking Cookie
.doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.invitemedia.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.invitemedia.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.networkedmediatank.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.networkedmediatank.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
accounts.youtube.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.2o7.net [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
statse.webtrendslive.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.tribalfusion.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
stats.adotube.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.yadro.ru [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.yadro.ru [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.estat.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.xiti.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.xiti.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.microsoftsto.112.2o7.net [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
insight.torbit.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.microsoftgamestudio.112.2o7.net [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
accounts.google.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
accounts.google.com [ C:\USERS\ROBERT\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

thank you 

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hi -

How is the computer problem now ?

We removed much of what you said were your problems -

Thanks -

#5 dardone

dardone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

hey-

every thing seams to be okay, but still have the problem with the server service that wont start. Tried it set to automatic, manual and it just wont start. I cant start it manually or the system cant start it  on its own either. when I try I get this error ( windows could not start the server service on local computer. error 1222: The network is not present or not started.)

I also notice now that I cant start the task scheduler.

Edited by dardone, 16 August 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

I have found very little information on that exact error 1222 ......
Maybe this can Help, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170336
BTW, have you run a chkdsk /r From an Elevated Command Prompt yet?

Thanks -

#7 dardone

dardone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hello

I have tried both more than once and no change so far the only problem I can see is the task scheduler and landman server will not start. I guess I could leave it be, but it will bother me on-till i cant stand it no more. I have a system image I created a while back. I would like to use that image to recover just that partition (the windows 7 partition ), but I am having trouble finding a way to do that. I used windows to create an image of the hole drive ( 3 partitions windows XP, 7, 8 ) back when the drive was nearly empty, just the basics no games yet. I wont to recover just the one win 7 partition, but the programs i use like ghost don't recognize the drive image broken up into separate files. Do you have any Idea's thanks a lot for your help.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

I used windows to create an image of the hole drive ( 3 partitions windows XP, 7, 8 ) back when the drive was nearly empty, just the basics no games yet. I wont to recover just the one win 7 partition, but the programs i use like ghost don't recognize the drive image broken up into separate files.
The idea of 3 totally "unrelated" systems  XP, 7, 8 always leaves a chance of which is the problem partition - When Vista and 7 were combined they were almost the same system, but your 3 partitions combine "the Good / the Bad and / the Ugly" (so to speak)

This "may" show something that we have not yet looked for ...........

Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Follow Directions Here

Thanks -

#9 dardone

dardone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HZRdmBosarypumXsDEkWeLE

thanks for the time that you spend tying to help. I have been doing this on my own for some time now. This is the first time I've reached out for help. I hate to just wipe out system and start again I don't feel like I've learned anything that way. Thanks again.

Edited by dardone, 19 August 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

This Topic shows how complicated the solution to error 1222 can be -

I can find many similar posts (Google = error 1222 ) and see if you can understand them -

Thanks -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users