Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow mouse movement, stuturing of sound...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tsprinkle

tsprinkle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

I have a Sony Vaio Model VGC RC310G Desktop computer. It came with Windows XP OS and I later upgraded to Windows 7. Everything has been  working fine for a couple of years. Recently I noticed the hard drive was starting too make noise and the computer was running slower. I installed a new SATA drive. I ultimately made and image of the old drive onto the new drive.

Since doing this Ii have had issues with thhe mouse movement, ie not moving smoothly across the screen, will not allow me to complete a selection to copy by right clicking, and also having to left click two or three times to be recognized. The keyboard is also intermintent with the keys typed. Sometime you may have to wait for the typing to catch up, or will not type keys you have pressed. The keyboard and mouse are both Logitec and wireless. I have tried other wireless keyboards and mice with the same results.

The sound also stuters when  playing as though it is skipping.

Ii also have an issue with getting an Unknown Device on a USB? At times it will just pop on and off. Everything that is plugged in to a USB port seems to be working fine, with the exception of the thinngs mentioned above.

I am using Norton 360 for my antivirus software and have had a subscription with them for 4 or 5 years.

I hope you can help, as I am amost to the point of buying another computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

The only thing I can think of is to uninstall the drivers for wireless mouse and keyboard and re-install them, and you might as well do the same for your audio drivers. 'Start - Control Panel - Programs and features' since you say you are running Win 7, then select the relevant drivers one at a time and delete them.

It would be a good idea to connect a USB or PS2 connected mouse and keyboard while you do this - or you will lose control ability as you delete the drivers !  I've made this mistake !

You should have the drivers on the CD that came with your mouse and keyboard, and you can get the audio drivers from the Sony web-site.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users