Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007/2010 folder issue/question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 P3nnyw1se

P3nnyw1se

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:51 AM

Hey I had a question today I simply couldn't answer. "shocking"

Half of the users I deal with are using office 2007, other half is using 2010 (we're in the middle of upgrading)

most of them have multiple folders to place and control their e-mails.
Now someone asked me.

"When I search for a mail, e.g. write 'from Steve' I get these 5 mails.. How do I see which folder I placed these 5 in?"

and I couldn't seem to find anyway to get the placement of the mail.

Now had it arrived at different inboxes, I could simply open the mail and read inbox3@mail.com

but this is several mails that arrived in the same mailbox and now located in seperate folders.

Now the only alternative I could think of was color flagging all the mails according to the folders, but with 30 folders
thats not that great a solution, would mean they would have to manually flag all mails, and it would work on the already 2800 recieved mails

Short version --> Is it possible to search for mails in outlook and from the result see in what folder a mail is located?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

In Outlook 2007, click View > Current View > Customize Current View... > Fields....

In the "Select available fields from:" pulldown, select All Mail Fields.

Scroll down and click In Folder and click the "Add->" button to add it to the right pane.

In the right pane, use the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons to move the "In Folder" column to whichever postition you wish.

Click OK > OK.

#3 P3nnyw1se

P3nnyw1se
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

In Outlook 2007, click View > Current View > Customize Current View... > Fields....

In the "Select available fields from:" pulldown, select All Mail Fields.

Scroll down and click In Folder and click the "Add->" button to add it to the right pane.

In the right pane, use the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons to move the "In Folder" column to whichever postition you wish.

Click OK > OK.

Thx man, worked like a charm

#4 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

You're welcome. Thanks for letting us know. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users