Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to open files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hi all,

Ive just replaced my hard drive and cdrom drive and re installed winxp sp3, after 8yr old drive on my laptop failed,(no problem,everything was backed up:-)

Sysem works great so far,no glitches apart from a few files on my external drive (Western Digital 120gb) give "drive:\ refers to a location that is unavailable.  It could be on a hard drive on this computer"..error

This is a small amount of files,mostly music and lectures on mp3,downloaded with the Lubuntu

i was dual booting the system with prior tp hd failing.(dont know if thats relevant to anything)?

Ive tried the usual steps to alter file permissions but it doesnt work( windows reads these folders as empty,which they werent)

Anyone have any thoughts or will i just have to replace the files?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Wolverine 7, 13 August 2013 - 07:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

See if this helps.

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7
  • Topic Starter